One of the fun things about being a food blogger is the chance to try new products. This month, I’m working with Hunt's to try out their new Hunt’s Dinner Sauces and present them to my fellow bloggers in a dinner event this week in Denver. (Follow us on Twitter at #huntsdinnersauces.)
You see, Colorado cooks in the Denver, Boulder, and Colorado Springs areas are getting a first taste of Hunt's Dinner Sauces starting this month. The plan is to introduce Hunt’s Dinner Sauces to the rest of the US sometime next year.
Hunt’s Dinner Sauces make dinner time easy and delicious
Hunt’s Dinner Sauces combine the high quality and backyard garden fresh taste of Hunt’s Tomatoes with other premium ingredients such as vegetables, herbs, spices and olive oil. They come in four flavors:
- Tuscan: a taste of Tuscany with rich olive oil, basil and garlic.
- Southwest: hearty black beans and red bell peppers.
- Greek: a blend of savory artichokes and oregano is inspired by the tastes of Greece.
- Cacciatore: the flavors of Italy with sweet bell peppers and aromatic herbs.
Cooking with Hunt’s Dinner Sauces
I’ve fallen in love with Hunt’s Dinner Sauces – seriously! Not only are they delicious, but they make cooking a healthy meal so easy. You basically combine them with a protein like fish or chicken, and toss in a few vegetables. Add some pasta or rice and you have a yummy, easy to put together meal that the whole family will love.
Most meals you can make in 20 minutes or less, which is great for us busy parents on a weekday night. They’re also great for couples or singles, especially those who like having leftovers to take to work the next day. At $2.49 for a 16-ounce, they’re very affordable, too.
I also like the variety of dishes you can make with Hunt’s Dinner Sauces, like this vegetarian dish that would be perfect for a Meatless Monday meal.
Southwest Stuffed Peppers
- PAM Cooking Spray
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn with peppers and onion
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Hunt’s Southwest Dinner Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise through stem end. Remove seeds and membranes. Place peppers, cut-side down, in dish. Bake 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cook corn with peppers and onion in microwave on HIGH 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in rice, cheese, cumin and salt. Turn pepper halves over.
- Spoon rice combination into peppers. Spoon Hunt’s Southwest Dinner Sauce over peppers. Bake 20 minutes more or until hot.
Hunt’s Dinner Sauce Giveaway
Get a sneak preview of Hunt’s Dinner Sauces by entering my giveaway of a Hunt’s Dinner Sauce prize pack (worth $50) to one lucky This Mama Cooks! On a Diet reader. The giveaway includes:
- 1 jar each of Hunt’s Cacciatore Dinner Sauce, Hunt’s Tuscan Dinner Sauce, Hunt’s Greek Dinner Sauce, and Hunt’s Southwest Dinner Sauce
- Sur La Table prep bowls
- Hunt’s apron
- Hunt’s spatulas
- Hunt’s Dinner Sauces recipe cards
Here’s how to enter:
Giveaway closed. Congrats to winner Sharon S.!
- Share which Hunt’s Cooking Sauces you’d like to try first in the comments below for ONE entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @HuntsChef on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet is SIX.
- You have until midnight MST on Monday, October 24, 2011 to enter.
ONE winner will be chosen at random. You must be willing to send me your full name, mailing address and phone number so I pass your info on to Hunt’s PR team so they can mail you your prize pack. I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won't share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
The giveaway is valued at approximately $50 and is only open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age and older. No purchase required. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Up to SIX entries per person. ONE Hunt’s Dinner Sauce prize pack will be given away. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hunt’s, but my review and opinions are my own.