Now that things are cooling down, I’m hankering for some chili. Believe it or not, you can do a chili for Meatless Monday – just use tofu and chili beans for a big serving of non-meat protein. If you need it to be a bit “meaty” looking throw in some soy crumbles. Or you can dress it up with canned diced tomatoes (with or without jalapenos).
What I love about this dish is that it’s ready quickly and doesn’t need to sit on the stove top (or in the slow cooker) for hours. Perfect for quickly fixing just before Monday Night Football starts!
- 1/2 package (7 ounces) House Premium or House Organic Tofu Med Firm or Soft, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup grated fat-free or low-fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- Coat pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Over medium high heat, stir-fry crumbled tofu with beans, garlic and chili powder.
- Cook uncovered for 7 to 9 minutes so liquids evaporate and flavors blend.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving and shredded cheese, if desired.
- Calories: 138
- Calories from Fat: 24
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Unsaturated fat: 3g
- Sodium: 517mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0mg