Pizza’s a great dish for Meatless Monday nights . This recipe is from Food Network star, Robin Miller’s new cookbook Robin Takes 5: 500 Recipes, 5 Ingredients or Less, 500 Calories or Less, for 5 Nights/Week at 5:00 PM coming to bookstores on November 1, 2011.
Robin Takes 5 features 500 recipes that require five ingredients (or fewer). Each recipe is 500 calories or less, too. Whether you’re cooking for one or are a busy parent feeding the whole family, this could be the cookbook for you.
Robin also features many recipes that are great for entertaining and the holidays. (They’re marked with a special icon.) Plus, there’s some great Thanksgiving recipes like Roasted Turkey Breast with Maple Mustard and Sweet Potatoes that will make your holiday cooking easier and healthier.
I’m looking forward to trying out some of her desserts like Molten Lava Brownies or Coconut Macaroons, too.
Niçoise Pizza with Olives, Red Peppers, and Gruyère
- 1 pound fresh or frozen bread or pizza dough, thawed according to package directions (or you could try my healthy whole wheat pizza dough recipe, if you have the time)
- 2 cups thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Roll the dough out into a large circle or rectangle about ¼ inch thick. Transfer the dough to a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Top with the peppers, olives, cheese, and oregano.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serving size: 1/6 of the pizza
- Calories: 322
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Unsaturated fat: 8g
- Sodium: 826mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Photo courtesy of Robin Miller/Andrews McMeel Publishing.