For my final post in my American Express Blue Cash® Preferred and Everyday cards Blue Cash Dinner@6 $600 giveaway series, I chose a “so easy the kids can make it” dish – a healthy flatbread pizza. Like my Fish Veracruz and Chicken with Feta and Sundried Tomatoes, it uses tomatoes and cheese. Using premade pizza crust makes it super quick and easy to make. Plus, you can tweak the ingredients to your personal preferences and dietary needs.
This pizza dish makes a great afterschool or movie night snack. Or serve it with a side salad and a glass of wine for dinner.
Easy Six Ingredient Flatbread Pizza
- Any kind of premade pizza crust, like Rudi’s Bakery Gluten Free Pizza Crust or you can make pizza crust from scratch using my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe
- Your favorite Italian salad dressing
- Tomatoes, sliced – I used plum tomatoes from my garden
- Mozzarella – slices of fresh or shredded
- Your favorite pizza meat (precooked) – I used Italian chicken sausage, but you can use spicy Italian pork sausage, slices of ham, pepperoni or soy crumbles
- Fresh basil leaves (also from my garden)
- Place pizza crust on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Lightly drizzle Italian salad dressing on crust and spread evenly with a pastry brush.
- Add all your toppings but basil.
- Cook according to pizza crust directions or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with basil leaves.
- Cut pizza into slices and serve.
Blue Cash Dinner@6 giveaway winner
I’m happy to announce that Scarlet of MomsWearYourTees.com and the Family Focus Blog is my Blue Cash Dinner giveaway winner for her Easy Six Ingredient Chicken Marsala recipe. Like my Easy Six Ingredient Flatbread Pizza, you can modify it depending on your dietary needs and preferences. If you’re gluten free, you can use brown rice flour instead of regular flour. If you’re watching your saturated fat, use a buttery spread or olive oil instead of butter.
Scarlet says this is her daughter’s favorite dish. But if I was cooking it for my daughter, Lucie, I’d have to leave out the capers as she doesn’t care for them at all. When I cook this up next week for myself and my husband, I’ll probably use lots of capers and Marsala since we love both.
Easy Six Ingredient Chicken Marsala
- chicken breast, sliced thin
- Italian seasoning
- Marsala wine
- Coat the breast in the flour and seasoning.
- Saute the chicken breast in butter.
- Add the capers and Marsala and cook about 3 minutes more.
Why six ingredients?
It’s to celebrate the launch of the new American Express Blue Cash Preferred and Everyday cards. With the cost of everything going up, the new Blue Cash Cards provide a simple way for you to get cash back – as high as 6% – when you shop for every day necessities.
Both Blue Cash cards immediately offer cash back in categories in which prices are rising like gas, supermarket purchases and clothing bought at department stores. You can use it online, too.
With the new Blue Cash Cards, there are no spending minimums, cash back caps, ongoing enrollments, or rotating categories of cash back benefits. The benefits don’t change either, as they do with some other cards.
For Blue Cash Preferred, it’s as simple as 6%-3%-1% (6% cash back at supermarkets, up to 3% at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases). At 6% cash back, Blue Cash Preferred offers consumers the most cash back at the supermarket available in the market today. (Blue Cash Preferred carries a $75 annual fee, but may be worth having if you put a lot of purchases on your card.)
For Blue Cash Everyday, it’s a simple as 3%-2%-1% (3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% cash back at department stores and gas stations, and 1% on all other eligible purchases) with no annual fee.
To learn more about the Blue Cash Preferred and Blue Cash Everyday cards, visit www.americanexpress.com/bluecashcards.
Disclosure: I was compensated for my time by American Express to create these series of posts and run the giveaway. All opinions are my own.
Rudi’s Bakery provided me with a complimentary package of their Gluten Free Pizza Crust.