Inspired by some feta cheese and a gigantic seedless watermelon that my husband bought at Costco, I came up with this watermelon salad dish. My splash of NAKANO natural rice vinegar, which has no sodium or sugar, contrasts well with the sweetness of the watermelon and the saltiness of the feta. However, it’s the addition of mint and basil that make this dish feel like summer to me.
Watermelon Mint & Basil Salad with Feta
- 6 cups watermelon, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon NAKANO All Natural Rice Vinegar
- Combine and gently toss ingredients in a decorative bowl. Serve.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 39
- Total Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Sodium: 214mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.8g
What are you splashing NAKANO rice vinegar on?
Disclosure: Mizkan, the parent company of NAKANO, provided compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.