It's just not summer unless I'm making a Mint & Basil Watermelon Salad. Watermelon so goes well with mint and basil from the garden, too!
In this Mint & Basil Watermelon Salad recipe, I combine the watermelon with gluten free rice vinegar and lime juice, both of which contrast well with the sweetness of the fruit and the saltiness of the feta.
Mint & Basil Watermelon Salad with Feta
- 6 cups watermelon, seeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Combine and gently toss ingredients in a decorative bowl. Serve.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 39
- Total Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Sodium: 214mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Sugar: 10.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.8g