Traditionally, oysters and chocolate are thought to boost the libido. However, Fresh Home magazine believes that pomegranates, jalapeno, garlic, honey, basil and avocado should do the trick.
According to NaturalNews.com:
Avocado - helps to increase libido. It contains high levels of folic acid, which gives the body energy. Avocado is also high in vitamin B6, a hormone regulator.
Basil - increases circulation, stimulates sex drive, boosts fertility, and gives you a sense of wellbeing.
Hot peppers and chilies – are high in capsaicin, which gives them their heat. Capsaicin releases endorphins and other feel good hormones.
Garlic - contains high levels of allicin, which can improve blood flow to all your sexy bits.
All in all, this is a pretty sexy and healthy salsa!
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled ripe pair
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup cubed avocado
- For salsa, in a serving bowl, combine the pomegranate seeds, pear, onion, jalapeno and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, lime juice, oil, honey, basil, salt and ginger.
- Drizzle over pomegranate mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, gently stir avocado into salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Serving size: 1/3 of recipe
Recipe and photo used with permission from Fresh Home magazine.