Traditionally, oysters and chocolate are thought to boost the libido. However, Fresh Home magazine believes that pomegranates, jalapeno, garlic, honey, basil and avocado should do the trick.
According to NaturalNews.com:
Avocado - helps to increase both male and female libido. It contains very high levels of folic acid, and gives the body sexual energy. Avocado is also high in vitamin B6, which is a potent hormone regulator.
Basil - increases circulation, stimulates the sex drive and boosts fertility. It also gives you a sense of wellbeing, which allows you to experience sexual bliss.
Hot peppers and chilies – are high in capsaicin, which gives them their heat. Capsaicin releases endorphins and other feel good hormones necessary for a spicy sex life.
Garlic - contains high levels of allicin, which can improve blood flow to the sexual organs.
All in all, this is a pretty sexy (and healthy) salsa!
Prep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. per chip batch
Yield: 3 servings
- 1-1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped peeled ripe pair
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. minced fresh basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup cubed avocado
- For salsa, in a serving bowl, combine the pomegranate seeds, pear, onion, jalapeno and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, lime juice, oil, honey, basil, salt and ginger.
- Drizzle over pomegranate mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, gently stir avocado into salsa.
- Serve with Healthy Baked Tortilla Chips.
Recipe and photo used with permission from Fresh Home magazine.