If you’ve been trying to eat healthier and lose weight, you’ve probably noticed Clean Eating Magazine at your local newsstand or bookstore. The editors of the magazine just introduced The Best of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes to Keep You Lean and Healthy, their first full-length cookbook.
The cookbook contains over 200 healthy recipes along with some gorgeous food photography. It also has:
- tips on how to slash your grocery bill without sacrificing nutrition
- eight weeks of healthy meal plans and grocery lists (great for those New Year’s resolutions!)
- budget priced meals
- healthy dessert recipes
- nutrition information so you can figure out exchanges and Weight Watchers POINTS
The Best of Clean Eating will make an excellent holiday gift - along with a subscription to Clean Eating Magazine - for anyone who’s trying to eat clean, cook healthier or lose weight.
I wish I had The Best of Clean Eating before I decided on my Thanksgiving menu since it contains many healthy recipes for holiday favorites. But here’s one you can use for your turkey leftovers. If you’re looking for more Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, check out my recipe for Extreme Fat Smash Turkey Tacos.
Turkey Paninis with Sun -Dried Tomatoes
- 1 whole-wheat baguette, cut crosswise in fourths
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil), patted dry and halved
- 2 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 (1-oz) slices reduced-sodium fresh deli turkey
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- Split open baguette sections and layer each bottom half with six pieces tomato, half-ounce cheese, one-and-a-half slices turkey and top half of bread.
- Toast sandwich on a countertop grill or panini press on medium heat, lid down, until lightly browned, about six minutes. If using stovetop method, toast about three minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- As soon as paninis are done toasting, open each and add one-third cup arugula. Slice each panini on the diagonal and serve immediately.
- Calories: 260
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Sat. Fat: 2 g
- Carbs: 34 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Sodium: 830 mg
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
Weight Watchers POINTS = 5
This Mama’s Tips
- You can make this on a panini press or you can make it like a grilled cheese on a griddle or in a frying pan.
- If you can’t find whole wheat baguettes, look for a high fiber, whole grain bread instead.
Disclosure: I received a copy of The Best of Clean Eating to facilitate this review. Photograph by Edward Pond.