Just when you thought the eating holidays were over with the end of football season, here comes Valentine’s Day! It’s a challenging holiday because it’s all about sharing sweets with your family or significant other. Unfortunately, all you end up sharing are expanding waistlines and having to deal with sugared out kids.
Instead, try this healthy alternative from the folks at McCormick, the spice folks. This would also be a wonderful fruit salad for other holidays like Mother's Day, Easter brunch, or other celebrations like baby showers or potluck brunches.
This Mama’s Tips
- You can use McCormick Raspberry Extract in place of the vanilla to make a raspberry salad.
- If certain types of fresh fruit aren’t available in your area, feel free to make substitutions or to use frozen fruit.
- You can use stevia instead of confectioner’s sugar.
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1 cup cantaloupe chunks
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix fruit, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 56
- Calories from Fat: 0g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Unsaturated fat: 0g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Weight Watchers POINTS = 1
Recipe and photo used with permission.