Just when you thought the eating holidays were over with the end of football season, here comes Valentine’s Day! It’s a challenging holiday because it’s all about sharing sweets with your family or significant other. Unfortunately, all you end up sharing are expanding waistlines and having to deal with sugared out kids.
Very Vanilla Fruit
Makes 10 (1/2-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 1 cup cantaloupe chunks
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix fruit, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- You can use McCormick Raspberry Extract in place of the vanilla to make a raspberry salad.
- If certain types of fresh fruit aren’t available in your area, feel free to make substitutions or to use frozen fruit.
- You can use Truvia or Purvia instead of confectioner’s sugar. Since each packet equals 2 teaspoons of sugar, you’ll need 6 packets to have the equivalent of 1/4 of regular sugar. You may want to use less depending on your sweet tooth.
- Calories: 56
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
Weight Watchers POINTS = 1
You may want to serve this in addition to another Valentine’s Day dessert I featured a couple of years ago - Coeur à la Crème – which is 4 POINTS per serving.