I’m always on the lookout for recipes that look fun for kids to make as well as eat. This one for pint-sized peach pies in the March 2006 issue of Parents magazine fits the bill. Since they’re made with frozen fruit, you can make them year-round.
Mini Peach Pies
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peaches
- 1 refrigerated piecrust
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- Defrost peaches. Heat over to 400 degrees.
- Using 4-inch bowl as a guide, cut 5 circles from piecrust. Roll out slightly, then place on a baking sheet.
- Place 1/2 Tbsp. of graham cracker crumbs in center of each crust.
- Using a plastic knife (for kids), cut thawed peaches into chunks. In medium bowl, mix peaches with sugar and cinnamon. Divide peaches among crusts.
- Fold edge of each crust up and over peaches to form pies.
- Bake 30 minutes until pies are golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Try using berries or other kinds of fruit – fresh or frozen.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- These would also make great party finger food.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or powered sugar.
|Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed.|