They managed to get the usual recipe down from 8 points to 5 per 1 1/2 cup serving by using no-fat milk instead of cream and turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.
However, I doubt it has the creaminess of the original. So you decide if 3 less points per serving is worth it.
Me, well I'm off the wagon on Super Bowl Sunday...and right back on it on Monday.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups Ingredients:
New England Clam Chowder
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Sauté bacon and onion until onion is very soft.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Very gradually whisk in milk and clam juice.
- Bring to a simmer, add potatoes.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in clams, their juice, thyme and parsley. Bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper; serve.