You’ll enjoy making these Homemade Chicken Nuggets if your children are gluten free.
Sure there are gluten free chicken nuggets products on the market. However, they may be hard to find at your local grocery store and can be a bit pricey.
Instead, you’ll find this chicken nuggets recipe super easy to make. It’s so yummy that even the non-gluten free members of the family will love them!
Dipping sauce ideas for gluten free chicken nuggets
Serve Homemade Chicken Nuggets with sauces like:
Kids love to dip gluten free chicken nuggets in sauce. Have them create with some fun dipping sauce on their own!
Plain non-fat yogurt is a great base. In small ramekins, they can mix a little yogurt with a few spoonful's of flavoring ingredients like:
- barbecue sauce
- tamari sauce (gluten free soy sauce)
- jams and jellies
Make up a batch of Homemade Chicken Nuggets as easy-to-serve party appetizers with dip on the side for your next family movie night!
Tips for your chicken nuggets recipe
Panko or bread crumbs: If you can’t find gluten free panko, you can use gluten free bread crumbs (make your own from gluten free toast ground up in a blender).
Gluten free panko style bread crumbs may be found at natural grocery stores or in the health food aisle of your grocery store.
Or use gluten free cereal placed in a Ziplock baggie and crushed with a rolling pin!
Use a rack: The cooling rack placed on a baking sheet allows the hot air to circulate around your chicken nuggets recipe for even cooking and crisping.
Cooking spray: Spraying the Homemade Chicken Nuggets with a canola cooking spray increases the heat at the surface of the chicken. It browns the chicken nuggets and gives them a bit more flavor and crispiness.
Looking for more easy kid friendly recipes
What kid wouldn’t love Mashed Potato Stuffed Meatloaf?
Have the kids help you make this Easter Bunny Biscuits Recipe year round. Super fun!
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (approximately 3 large chicken breast halves) skinless and boneless
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups gluten free panko style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 2 teaspoons monk fruit
- Canola cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into nugget sized pieces. Trim off any fat or gristle.
- In one pie pan, place egg whites and water. Stir to combine.
- In a second pie pan, place panko bread crumbs, jerk seasoning, and monk fruit. Stir to combine.
- If you’re right-handed, line up the chicken, then egg wash, then bread crumbs, then the baking sheet. (Reverse if you’re left-handed.) Then taking just your right hand, grab several chicken nuggets, and then place them in the egg wash. Remove one nugget from wash and roll it thoroughly in the bread crumbs. Lay it on the rack in the baking sheet. Nuggets should have about 1/2” spacing between them. Repeat with the remaining nuggets that are in the egg wash. Repeat until the baking rack is full.
- Lightly spray chicken nuggets with cooking spray. Place in oven and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Flip chicken nuggets and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place in oven and cook for another 7 minutes until done. Chicken nuggets should be golden.
- Remove chicken nuggets from the baking rack and place it on a large plate or platter. Cover and keep warm until it’s time for serving. Repeat process with any remaining uncooked chicken.
- Serve with a dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 39g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Originally posted on April 7, 2015. Updated with new pictures and information.