Are you looking for some grilled chicken thigh recipes for your next cookout? Well, you’ve got to try this Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs recipe. It’s naturally gluten free, too.
Making this grilled skinless chicken thighs recipe is easy enough to do every night of the week! That’s because this recipe comes from Cooking Light Way To Cook: Grilling.
In it, you’ll find some easy grilling recipes that are perfect for Fourth of July and Labor Day parties – or weeknight dinners!
This cookbook features more than 400 full-color how-to images illustrating a variety of healthy grilling techniques and over 125 recipes. Check it out!
This Mama’s secret to making the best grilled chicken thighs ever!
The secret to making the best grilled chicken thighs ever? Start this easy grilled chicken thigh recipe over direct heat to get good grill marks and charred bits.
Then move the grilled chicken thighs to indirect heat to gently finish the cooking. That way you don’t overcook (*burn*) the outside and undercook the inside.
Serve the Tequila-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs with lime wedges over rice or quinoa.
A garden salad or a bowl of gluten free tabbouleh would make a delicious side dish, too!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat using the burners on both sides of your grill. After preheating, turn the left burners off and leave the right side burners on.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub evenly over chicken.
- Combine pineapple juice, tequila, and honey in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes). Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl, and stir well. Add cornstarch mixture to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in lime rind, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and red pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over right burners (direct heat). Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with juice mixture. Move chicken to grill rack over left burners (indirect heat). Cover and grill an additional 5 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 thigh
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 506mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Recipe and picture used with permission.
Originally published on August 28, 2012. Updated with new pictures and information.