When you’re gluten free, it’s hard to travel and find foods that you can eat safely. That’s why you should have an easy gluten free muffin recipe like these Gluten Free Strawberry Yogurt Muffins. Gluten free muffins travel well and should last a few days without refrigeration.
I recently went through this myself during a conference trip to Las Vegas. Luckily, I found a mini-grocery store within walking distance that had a terrific selection of gluten free crackers, fresh fruit, and good for you foods like Yoplait® yogurt. Still, I wish I had some gluten free strawberry muffins with my Yoplait® yogurt for breakfast!
Gluten Free Strawberry Yogurt Muffins for breakfast, snack or dessert!
Another way you can 1-Up Your Yoplait® Yogurt is by putting dabs of yogurt on your Gluten Free Strawberry Yogurt Muffins instead of butter – a much smarter choice, don’t you think? And it doesn’t have to be all strawberry yogurt either! Try another flavor that you think will go with strawberry yogurt muffins like Lemon Burst or Harvest Peach. One of the Yoplait® Whips or Greek yogurts would be delicious, too!
Baking with Yoplait® Yogurt is how I “1-Up” my yogurt routine. I believe in being prepared, so I bake a double batch of the yogurt muffins and freeze half for later. That way I always have a batch of gluten free muffins ready to go, whether it’s for breakfast, a snack, dessert – or another conference trip!
When you’re 1-Upping Your Yoplait® Yogurt, why not do the same during afterschool snack time or substitute a Gluten Free Strawberry Yogurt Muffin instead of a heavy, calorie laden dessert? It’s all about making healthier choices!
Speaking of healthier choices, I love how the strawberry Yoplait® yogurt adds moistness and flavor to my easy yogurt muffins recipe, but not a lot of sugar since Yoplait® reduced their yogurt’s sugar content by 25%.
So many Yoplait® yogurt choices at Walmart
Speaking of choices, Walmart has an amazing selection of Yoplait® yogurt as you can see by my picture. It was hard to pick which one to bake up my gluten free muffins recipe with!
I chose strawberries and strawberry Yoplait® yogurt. You can experiment and try other flavors of Yoplait® for fun. Strawberry and Lemon Yogurt Muffins or Strawberry and Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins? The possibilities are endless! Just remember that not all Yoplait® yogurt comes in 6 ounce containers, so make sure to read the label. Even a little less yogurt will make a difference in how this recipe bakes up.
Walmart also has a terrific selection of gluten free products including several kinds of all purpose gluten free flours. You may need to check the regular flour aisle as well as the gluten free aisle to find all the brands they carry at your local store. Walmart also has cute cupcake/muffin liners at low prices. Since we’re close to Valentine’s Day I couldn’t resist the red ones with hearts – adorable!
This Mama’s Gluten Free Strawberry Yogurt Muffins cooking tips
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries. If using frozen strawberries, there’s no need to defrost them. Walmart has both whole and sliced frozen strawberries. I find sliced frozen strawberries easier to chop.
- Make sure you chop up the strawberries into small pieces. Strawberries hold a lot of moisture and will make the strawberry muffins mushy if they’re too big.
- You must use cupcake liners with this muffin recipe as these gluten free muffins will stick to the muffin pan if you don’t. A good alternative may be to use a silicon cupcake baking pan so you can “pop out” the muffins. (I haven’t tried this myself.)
- In keeping with Yoplait® yogurt’s reduced sugar, I chose to use monk fruit, a no calorie sweetener. However, you can use regular sugar or a sugar substitute of your choice instead.
Gluten Free Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (6 ounces) Yoplait® strawberry yogurt
- 3 ounces canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put paper liners in 12 muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, monk fruit, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat together yogurt, canola oil, egg, and egg whites.
- Pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture. Stir until almost blended.
- Add strawberries and stir until strawberries are evenly distributed. Don’t over mix. (Batter will be very thick.)
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Place muffin pan(s) on oven’s middle rack. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until nicely browned.
- Serving size: 1 muffin
Gluten Free Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.