After creating Louisiana Creole Crawfish Gumbo, I thought I’d try Imagine®’s Thai Coconut Curry Organic Culinary Simmer Sauce. I usually use simmer sauces to create Indian style curries, but I’ve never made a Thai flavored chicken curry before.
When I make any type of curry, I usually add some coconut milk to the simmer sauce since it makes it even creamier and I love the flavor. Since I didn’t want to dilute the sauce, I just added some coconut cream to it add even more coconut taste to the simmer sauce.
However, next time I make this, I’ll use two packets of Imagine® Thai Coconut Curry Organic Culinary Simmer Sauce. That way you can add even more jasmine rice to the yummy Thai curry to soak it all up! Not only is the sauce gluten free, but it’s dairy free, too.
Other ways to cooking with Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces
We had a chance to try all four Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces in the past few weeks including Portobello Red Wine and Latin Veracruz. However, you don’t have to stick with the recipes on the back of the pouches.
I poured the Latin Veracruz Simmer Sauce over yellow tail fish steaks and baked it in a oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes instead of preparing the fish in a skillet. It was fantastic! Instead of beef, I used lamb with the Portobello Red Wine Simmer Sauce – and served it with polenta. It was a delicious combination!
Since Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces are quick, convenient and easy to store since they’re in pouches and not jars, you’re sure to find all kinds of ways to use these delicious, gluten free sauces. With the holidays coming up, you never know if you have to whip up a quick vegetarian or gluten free dish for a guest.
Plus, Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces are something you can be proud to serve since they’re organic, made with non-GMO ingredients, have no preservatives or artificial ingredients, and have no added MSG, too!
Chicken and Vegetable Thai Coconut Curry
- 2 bags jasmine boil-in-the-bag rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 (12 ounce ) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) pouch Imagine® Thai Coconut Curry Organic Culinary Simmer Sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Cook rice according to directions.
- While rice is cooking, heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook for approximately 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add frozen vegetables to skillet and sauté until cooked through and most of the water has evaporated from frozen vegetables.
- Lower heat to medium and add Imagine® Thai Coconut Curry Organic Culinary Simmer Sauce and coconut cream to skillet. Stir to combine thoroughly and heat for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
- Serving size: 1/4 to 1/5 of recipe
Enter the “Pan with a Plan” Sweepstakes on Facebook
Enter the “Pan with a Plan” Sweepstakes for a chance to win a sauté pan, four Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces, and a $25 Visa gift card. Just go to the Imagine® Facebook page and tell them what flavor you're most excited to try!
The sweepstakes takes place through November. Each week, eight winners will be selected to receive a “Pan with a Plan” prize pack, which includes a saucepan,four Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces, and a $25 Visa gift card!
What Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauce would you like to try?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Imagine® Organic Culinary Simmer Sauces.