When I share recipes here at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet, it’s usually in portions big enough for the whole family with lots of leftovers to several more meals. I rarely share meals for one, however this soup recipe from Veria Living is an exception and something you should put a few cauliflower florets aside for.
It’s also something you could easily whip up in the morning for you or your child to take to work or school in a thermos. Of course, you could quadruple the recipe for the entire family.
Save time by cooking the cauliflower in the microwave and using a blender to do the pureeing and mixing. I think this would also be nice using dill instead of fennel.
Check out Veria Living for more healthy recipes!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup plain organic rice milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried fennel
- Sea salt to taste
- Place cauliflower in saucepan. Add water and cook over medium heat until the cauliflower becomes tender.
- Use a potato masher or immersion blender to turn cooked cauliflower into a smooth puree. Stir in rice milk.
- Add the ground spices and sea salt and stir well.
- Serving size: 3 cups
Recipe and photo used with permission.