During my recovery from brain surgery, I’m featuring recipes from brands I use and love. This one comes courtesy of Bertolli, a brand that I trust and cook with often. They were nice enough to send me a complimentary bottle a few weeks ago – always good to stock up on staples when you can’t get to the grocery store too often!
This elegant, easy and quick to make dish is from Chef Fabio Viviani. You can watch him make the dish below. This dish is naturally gluten free and a great way to serve your meat and salad all on one dish.
Flank Steak With Chickpea Arugula Salad
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 teaspoon Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Grated peel from 2 lemons
- Grated peel from 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (15 ounces) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncini
- 4 cups arugula
- Season steak with salt and ground black pepper. Heat Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook steak, turning once, 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Whisk together lemon juice, lemon peel, orange peel, and Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive oil in medium bowl. Add chickpeas, olives, green onions and pepperoncini. Add Arugula; toss to coat.
- Slice steak and serve salad on top.
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Recipe and photo used with permission.