I love having Thanksgiving leftovers, but at some point I’m tired of reheating a plate of turkey, stuffing and sides. Instead, I’ll try out some gluten free and whole wheat pasta and turkey leftover recipes from the National Pasta Association, a trade association that promotes the goodness of pasta.
Also, since you’ll be tired of cooking anything too complicated after Thanksgiving, this recipe is easy and quick to prepare.
- 8 ounces Rigatoni, Elbow Macaroni or other medium pasta shape, uncooked (gluten free, whole wheat or conventional pasta will all work well)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Combine turkey and vegetables in a large bowl. Add pasta.
- Combine oil, vinegar and seasonings in a jar. Shake until well blended.
- Pour over pasta and stir well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Photo and recipe courtesy of the National Pasta Association and used with permission.