I’ve always used rice vinegar to make sushi rice. However, now that I’ve become more familiar with their products, I use their rice vinegar in any recipe that calls for other types of vinegars.
For example, this summer, we’ve been making a lot of salads, so I’ve been making salad dressing with rice vinegar (instead of red wine vinegar), olive oil and some garden seasoning spices. A
One of my family’s favorite summer salads is based on one I used to make years ago from a recipe I found in Bon Appetit back in the early ‘90s. We even used cucumbers from the neighbor’s garden!
Cucumber, Feta and Red Onion Salad
- 3 cucumbers, seeded and diced (you can leave the peels on if you wish)
- 6 ounces low or no fat feta, crumbled
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine cucumbers, feta and onion in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and rice vinegar and gently mix ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until it’s time to serve.
- Serving size: 1 cup