This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Florida Orange Juice. All opinions are 100% mine.
One of the best things you can do for yourself and your family is to make sure to have a healthy breakfast every day. I like to start the day with a lean protein like egg whites or something high in fiber like oatmeal. I try to take my vitamins every day, too, usually with 100% pure Florida Orange Juice. (I take a lot of vitamins and taking them with orange juice makes them go down so much easier.)
Did you know that:
- one 8‐ounce serving of 100 percent orange juice is a good source of potassium and folate and an excellent source of vitamin C
- one serving of 100% orange juice is more nutrient dense than many commonly-consumed 100 percent fruit juices
- one 8-ounce glass of 100% orange juice provides half of the USDA-recommended daily fruit intake for most adults, based on a 2,000-calorie diet
How 100% Florida orange juice can give your breakfast a nutritional kick
Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD recommends jumpstarting your morning with a nutritious meal that includes protein, fruit and energizing nutrient-dense carbs. Here are some of her suggestions on how to incorporate more Florida Orange Juice into your breakfast routine:
- Think you don’t have time for a complete breakfast? Blend your favorite fruit with 100% Florida Orange Juice and low-fat yogurt for a convenient, on-the-go smoothie.
- Want to jazz up your weekend breakfast? Substitute 100% Florida orange juice for water in your pancake batter to give your meal a zesty, new taste.
I love Kathleen’s idea about putting Florida Orange Juice in your pancake batter. You can also add it to your maple syrup. Just heat the syrup on the stove top and add some orange juice to it. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. You could also do this with honey or agave nectar.
How are you healthing up your breakfast routine with Florida orange juice?