I know for many of you, taking nutritional supplements was on your New Year’s healthy resolutions list. How’s it going? Are you confused by all the vitamin and supplement choices out there? Well, Centrum has come up with a Nutrition Possible Assessment to help you determine your individual nutritional supplement needs.
I’m always on the lookout for new nutritional supplements that fit my individual needs. That’s why I was excited to try out ProNutrients, Centrum’s new line of dietary supplements that are formulated to work with a multivitamin.
The line includes Omega-3, Probiotic, and Fruit & Veggie - three supplements that support health and well-being. Each supplement is backed by the nutritional expertise of Centrum, which identifies the right ingredients to your nutrition to the next level.
I was very happy to see that they’re offering a fruit and veggie supplement. I was taking something similar that was very expensive, so now I have a more affordable alternative. Recently, I saved even more money by using Centrum coupons from the last two weeks of Sunday newspapers and going to the ProNutrients Facebook page for a $5 off coupon. Many stores like Walgreens and Kroger have Centrum ProNutrients on sale this month, so take advantage and stock up like I did!
Or you can win a sample bottle of Centrum ProNutrients – see the bottom of this post!
Juicing with ProNutrients Probiotics
As part of my Centrum ProNutrients review , they sent me a juicer to create a few smoothies to use with their ProNutrients Probiotic. Centrum’s probiotic comes in powder form so you can add it to cool foods and drinks.
This is such a great way to “sneak” some probiotics into your children’s diets, especially if they don’t like taking pills. Plus, fresh fruit juices and smoothies are great ways to get more fruits and veggies into you and your family's diet. Just make sure to use organic fruit and vegetables whenever possible.
My kids really enjoyed my take on the classic Green Monster smoothie juice drink. They couldn’t taste the probiotics, the apples naturally sweetened it, and the kids enjoyed the frothiness, too.
Fennel & Kale Green Monster with Probiotics
Makes two 8 ounce drinks
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 bulb fennel
- 3 small apples
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 3 stalks kale
- 2 packets Centrum ProNutrients Probiotics
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly in cool water.
- Cut apples if needed. It’s not necessary to peel them!
- Combine all ingredients in your juicer and follow manufacturers directions to make juice.
- Add probiotic powder directly to the juice container and whisk until frothy.
- Pour juice into 8 ounces glasses and serve immediately.
Don't forget that you can save any of the recipes you see here at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet to an online recipe box by clicking the Save Recipe button below.
Win a bottle of Centrum ProNutrients
I’m giving away ONE Centrum ProNutrients product of your choice:
- ProNutrients™ Omega-3, 50-unit package ($12.99 value) OR
- ProNutrients™ Fruit & Veggie 50-unit package ($11.99 value) OR
- ProNutrients™ Probiotic 14-unit package ($18.99 value)
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Denise S.!
Here’s how to enter:
- Tell me which Centrum ProNutrients product you’re interested in trying out.
- Take the Centrum Nutrition Possible Assessment to create a nutrition plan and get up to $10 in Centrum coupons for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet is FIVE.
- You have until midnight MST on Friday, January 27, 2012 to enter.
ONE winner will be chosen at random. You must be willing to send me your full name, mailing address and phone number so I pass your info on to Centrum’s PR agency so they can mail you your prize. I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won't share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
Official giveaway rules.
Disclosure: I’m participating in a Centrum ProNutrients campaign hosted by One2One Network. I received nutritional product, a juicer and compensation. While all opinions stated are my own, I make no claims about Centrum ProNutrients as a product or it's effectiveness.