One of the benefits of being a food blogger is that I get to try out – and fall in love with – products I wouldn’t normally have the chance to try. That’s certainly the case with Holland House cooking wines! That’s why I’m giving away a starter kit of three bottles of Holland House cooking wines, a recipe booklet, and an Amco stainless steel measuring cup and spoon set to help inspire you to use their cooking wines in all your meals. Enter below!!
Another way to get inspired to use Holland House Cooking Wines in your kitchen is to sign up for the Splash Recipe Club e-newsletter to receive coupons, special offers, and recipe ideas using all of Mizkan’s great products, like Holland House, NAKANO rice vinegars, and more!
Do you have a favorite crock pot shredded pork recipe? I bet that you make it with barbecue sauce! How about slow cooking some shredded pork with a Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce with Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine instead? I made this for Christmas dinner and served it over brown rice – delicious! I loved combining the pork with the dried cherries, though you could use dried cranberries, golden raisins or even dried plums. It’s an elegant twist on an old favorite and very easy to make any night of the week.
Crockpot Shredded Pork with Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 cups ham stock*
- 2 tablespoons Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup amber or raw agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 whole cloves
- dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins or dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
For Shredded Pork:
- Place pork tenderloin in the slow cooker.
- Combine the ham stock and Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine and pour over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily with a fork – about 6 to 7 hours depending on your crock pot.
- Drain well and pour the Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce over the shredded pork.
- Stir and serve.
For Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce:
- Combine agave nectar , cornstarch, cloves and nutmeg in a 1-quart saucepan.
- Whisk in mustard, sherry cooking wine and orange juice until well blended.
- Add dried cherries.
- Cook sauce over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat and boil gently 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serving size: 1/6 to 1/8 of recipe
Save money with Holland House
You can download a coupon for 50 cents off your next purchase of Holland House cooking wine here. Also, for more recipes using Holland House, sign up for Mizkan’s Splash for Cash e-newsletter for a chance to win up to $600. (Mizkan is Holland House’s parent company.) Finally you can connect with Holland House on Facebook.
Disclosure: Mizkan, the parent company of Holland House, provided compensation for this post. All opinions and experiences are my own.
Are you a fan of the Meal Makeover Moms? If so you may want to enter the Holland House/Meal Makeover Moms Sweepstakes. The sweepstakes is running through the beginning of June. Each month, one fan will be chosen to receive a meal makeover from the Meal Makeover Moms.
The first drawing took place in April, but there’s still time to enter for the May and June drawings. All you need to do is go to the Holland House Facebook page, like it then enter the contest. Winners will get the chance to talk with the Meal Makeover Moms about their mealtime challenges, have a favorite dinner recipe made over, and win a new set of cookware.
If you’re looking for some mealtime makeover inspiration, check out Holland House’s website. Some of the Meal Makeover Moms favorite recipes include the Broccoli Beef Stir Fry featuring Sherry Cooking Wine, Multi Grain Pilaf with White Cooking Wine, and Cool Cucumber Dressing with White Wine Vinegar.
And check out these recipes from my fellow Mizkan Bloggers:
- Fresh Strawberries with Holland House Balsamic Vinegar & Sorbet
- Spring Vegetables: Grilled Asparagus
- Using Balsamic Vinegar to “Fix” a Sauce
- White Wine Pasta | Pasta con Vino Blanco
- World Harbor Island Mango Marinade Chicken Stir Fry
What favorite family recipe would you have the Meal Makeover Moms make over?
Disclosure: Mizkan, the parent company of Holland House, provided compensation for this post. All opinions are my own