If you’re looking for something indulgent for Mother’s Day, Girl’s Night Out, or a festive party, look no further than this Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue recipe! Unlike other chocolate fondue recipes, this dessert fondue recipe uses coconut cream instead of whipping cream. So if you have a food sensitivity to dairy like me, you can indulge in as much easy to make chocolate fondue as you like without worrying about a tummy ache the next day!
This Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue is so rich and creamy that you’ll find it very filling. I found that after dipping a few strawberries or marshmallows, I’m on chocolate overload and had enough. That’s why it’s a perfect chocolate dessert recipe for parties – a little goes a long way!
What to do with Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue leftovers
When I’ve made Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue for a family birthday party, after having a big dinner, we ended up having leftovers. If that happens to you, just keep the chocolate fondue in the pot, cover it with aluminum foil, and put it in the refrigerator. You can then reheat the chocolate while you’re eating dinner and have chocolate fondue the next night (or two) for dessert.
You can also put leftover Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue into a square cake pan and chill to make an easy refrigerator fudge. Just cut off a piece when you want to indulge in some creamy chocolate – awesome!
Buying a fondue pot for Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue
I have an old green aluminum fondue pot from the ‘70s that I found at a thrift store. It keeps the both cheese and chocolate fondue warm with a candle, just like the restaurant style fondue pots shown in these pictures. I also love using my Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Fondue Pot since you can prepare the Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue recipe in the fondue pot right on the stovetop. This saves you the step of using another pot and then transferring the chocolate fondue.
If you’re in the market for a reasonably priced chocolate fondue pots that will also work for cheese fondues, here are a few that get good ratings that are under $50:
- Cuisinart Electric Fondue Maker
- Nostalgia Family Size Stainless Steel Electric Fondue Pot
- Cuisinart 13-Piece Cast Iron Fondue Set
- Oster Fondue Pot
You should also check out the personal fondue mugs. These would be fun for a romantic meal on Valentine’s Day or an anniversary:
Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Fondue
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream (not milk)
- 1 (20 ounce) bag semi-sweet organic chocolate chips (dairy free & gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (gluten free)
- 1 pinch salt
- Goodies for dipping: strawberries, marshmallows, and pieces of gluten free cookies or cake
- In a medium sauce pan or stovetop safe fondue pot, heat coconut cream over medium heat until hot.
- Add chocolate chips. Lower heat.
- Stir until chocolate is fully melted.
- Transfer to fondue pot, if needed and serve warm with favorite dippers.
- Add vanilla extract and salt. Stir frequently until chocolate is fully melted
- Serving size: Up to you!
Originally posted on February 28, 2014. Updated with new pictures.