When I share recipes here at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet, it’s usually in portions big enough for the whole family with lots of leftovers to several more meals. I rarely share meals for one, however this soup recipe from Veria Living is an exception and something you should put a few cauliflower florets aside for. This Quick Creamy Cauliflower Soup for One is ideal when you have a vegan, gluten free or dairy free guest visiting and don’t want to completely change up your menu.
It’s also something you could easily whip up in the morning for you or your child to take to work or school in a thermos. Of course, you could quadruple the recipe for the entire family. Save time by cooking the cauliflower in the microwave and using a blender to do the pureeing and mixing. I think this would also be nice using dill instead of fennel.
Check out Veria Living for more healthy recipes!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup plain organic rice milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried fennel
- Sea salt to taste
- Place cauliflower in saucepan. Add water and cook over medium heat until the cauliflower becomes tender.
- Use a potato masher or immersion blender to turn cooked cauliflower into a smooth puree. Stir in rice milk.
- Add the ground spices and sea salt and stir well.
- Serving size: 3 cups
Recipe and photo used with permission.