I know that it’s only October, but I already feel that things are starting to get way too busy around here. Not only am I back in the swing of things at work, but I’m planning a family trip to Florida during the holidays as well. So don’t even talk to me about Halloween and Thanksgiving! Luckily, Holly Clegg’s here to save the day with some October Convenient Cooking with a Salsa Chicken recipe from her latest cookbook, Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™ Eating Well To Fight Arthritis: 200 Easy Recipes and Practical Tips to Help Reduce Inflammation and Ease Symptoms [affiliate link].
October Convenient Cooking
October is a busy month, with kids back in school, activities, meeting, and just getting back in the swing of things, you need a meal on the table and you need it fast! My rush hour recipes are the perfect solution to your daily dinner dilemma! Kids and adults alike will enjoy digging into a delicious meal and you will love how quick and easy Salsa Chicken is to prepare – letting nothing stand in your way of a healthy home-cooked meal!
Salsa Chicken is from my Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook in the No Fuss Foods: Easy Cooking Chapter, a chapter designed to simplify food preparation to ensure you get a satisfying meal on the table with the greatest of ease. Salsa Chicken has become of those “talked about” recipes in the newspapers to kitchens as it is absolutely delicious, easy-to-prepare and family friendly.
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 (1-ounce) package low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cilantro or green onion, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat oblong glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix together salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- Place chicken into prepared dish. Pour sauce over chicken and bake 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro or green onion, if desired.
- Calories: 238
- Calories from Fat: 45 (19%)
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Unsaturated fat: 3g
- Sodium: 776mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Sugar: 5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Recipe and photo used with permission of the author.