I’ve been enjoying cooking with the olive oil Bertolli sent me while I was recovering from brain surgery. Since I’m still taking it easy, one of the easy to make things I enjoy cooking for my family is a pasta. Usually, I sauté some vegetables and a bit of leftover this and that (sausage, steak, or country ham) or create a big pot of sauce. This recipe from Chef Fabio is perfect for Meatless Monday as it uses no meat and it takes no time at all to make.
Plus, it’s a terrific way to introduce radicchio into an entrée rather than where you usually find it – salad greens. I love the look of radicchio, but never have though of using it this way! (You can also grill radicchio or use it risotto.)
This recipe is easy to make gluten free, just substitute brown rice penne for regular or whole wheat penne. Looking for another gluten free recipe by Chef Fabrio? Check out his recipe for Flank Steak With Chickpea Arugula Salad.
Watch Chef Fabrio preparing Gorgonzola Radicchio Penne below:
Gorgonzola Radicchio Penne
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 3 cups chopped radicchio
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound penne, cooked and drained (reserve 1/2 cup pasta water)
- 2 tablespoon Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Bertolli® Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Heat Bertolli Classico Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook garlic 1 minute.
- Add radicchio and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked penne, reserved pasta water, Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Bertolli Balsamic Vinegar and cook until pasta is heated through.
- Stir in Gorgonzola cheese and cook until melted.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.