This is your brain on…

brain

I had a seizure a week ago (though I didn’t know it was a seizure, just that my right side wasn’t working properly). I went to the ER in an ambulance, and had another seizure there. I had brain surgery on Sunday to remove a benign meningioma, was released on Tuesday and went back to the hospital overnight on Wednesday to have my meds adjusted. Right now I’m a wreck – very little sleep and lots of meds and pain killers.

I hope to write about my experience soon, but for now I’m taking a break from blogging to recover and heal. Thanks for your patience.

Anne-Marie

42 thoughts on “This is your brain on…

1. Kevin

Sad: To hear of your illness.
    Happy: You receive appropriate care in time.
    Your site is a great resource for the caregivers that may need to pick up the spatula while you’re on the mend. Get well soon.

2. Diane

Wow! Very glad to read it was benign! Hope you recover quickly. Thank you for this blog. You will be missed while you recover but health is most important thing!

3. Sharon King

This is my first email from you, I just joined up but so sorry to hear you’re going through this, take care of yourself and I will be here when you get back. Remember it’s YOU first.

4. Felice Lieberman

My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Your site is truly a breath of fresh air.

5. Annette

I also am very sorry for what you are feeling right now, have faith all will be well,and take one day at a time , it all works out if you focus on the right now..GOD bless you and be well

6. John Ward

So sorry you’ve gone through this. I do hope your recovery is quick and is as painless as possible. Sending good thoughts your way. Take care of yourself

Jon

7. B Patt

I always enjoy your insightful ideas. You are bright, confident, and strong. These qualities will help you as you recover. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this set back. Alwaysremember to pace yourself and listen to your body. Rest is the best medicine! Praying for you and your family’s strength and wisdom! Sincerest wishes…

8. Brooke

I am so sorry you are going through this….it sounds scary! Please take all the time you need to heal. We will be here, waiting patiently and sending good healing thoughts.

9. Jamie

Blessings to you as you heal and recover. I hope your body does a swift recovery and you are getting the much rest and comfort you deserve.

10. Connie

Prayers and Blessings to you, Anne-Marie! You are always taking care of others … Glad you’re taking care of yourself. Rest, heal, recover! Everything else will fall into place.

11. Susan

I can’t imagine what you have been going through with all of the fear and not feeling well the past week. Sending you lots of healing thoughts and prayers. Rest and put yourself first.

12. Klarissa C.

I am so shocked and so sorry to hear about that! I know you are going through a tough time and just know that I will be praying for your fast recovery. Having a seizure and operation doesn’t sound good. It means you are experiencing something very serious. May God heal you and take the pain away!

13. Anne-Marie Nichols Post author

Again, thanks for your well wishes. I’m dong better every day, but my short term memory stinks and I have a constant headache and tummy ache from the meds. I’m just thankful that I can do a little work and read!

14. Sandy in L.A.

So sorry to hear about your recent surgery, but glad to know you’re home and in recovery. I just discovered your blog today and it is a treasure trove of great recipes and information. There’s a ton of your back posts for us to catch up on while you’re taking the time to recover, so just relax and let the healing take place!