Here’s another recipe from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™ Eating Well To Fight Arthritis: 200 Easy Recipes and Practical Tips to Help Reduce Inflammation and Ease Symptoms [affiliate link]. Holly shares this Terrific Tip:
Buy pre-shredded carrots in bag. Purchase chopped green onions in produce department for extra ease.
If Peanut Sauce is too spicy or if desired, substitute barbecue sauce. You can also top with red pepper slices for vitamin C.
Healthy Chicken Thai Pizza
- 1 (12-inch) thin pizza crust or premade gluten free pizza crust
- 1/4 cup peanut sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup red onion slices
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven 450°F.
- Spread pizza crust with peanut sauce. Top with chicken, red onion, carrots, green onion and cheese.
- Place on oven rack and bake 8-10 minutes or until pizza is lightly browned. Top with cilantro, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 221
- Calories from Fat: 69 (31%)
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Unsaturated fat: 5g
- Sodium: 356mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Recipe and photo used with permission of the author.