This month I was excited to receive The Republic of Tea’s line of premium Be Active teas to try out and review. They’re made with organic green rooibos tea from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms. When I had to give up green and black tea for a year due to my food sensitivities, I became a big fan of red rooibos (pronounced roy-boss) tea, which is grown in South Africa. According to Wikipedia, green rooibos is unoxidized and produced similar to the way green tea is made. Compared to red rooibos, green rooibos has a malty and slightly glass flavor. I find it has a mild brown rice taste to it, too.
After trying The Republic of Tea’s Be Active teas, I’m now a fan of green rooibos, too! These five herbal blends (with no caffeine!) are designed for people with active lifestyles so that they can steep, ice and enjoy on them on the go.
- Get Active (Herb Tea for Endurance) offers smooth and aromatic, flavor notes of vanilla that are accented by the tangy citrus of holy basil and natural orange flavor. This tea helps increase energy, stamina, endurance and promotes resistance to stress while antioxidants help protect from free radicals. Ideal for power walks, golf and light workouts.
- Get Limber (Herb Tea for Flexibility) offers bright and fruity notes with a hint of spice, lemongrass, orange peel and pineapple flavors. This tea helps to reduce joint swelling and inflammation, enables mobility and helps the body adapt to physical stresses that can cause pain. Ideal for pilates, tennis, yoga, and plyometrics.
- Get Burning (Herb Tea for Metabolism) offers the tangy sweetness of Sea Buckthorn with the spiciness of zingy chili pepper, cinnamon and ginger. This tea assists in accelerating metabolism, enhances caloric burn rate and fat oxidation and helps strengthen stamina and endurance. Ideal for cardio, boot camps, running, weights and spinning. This was my favorite of all the Be Active teas I tried!
- Get Hydrated (Herb Tea for Refreshment) offers citrus notes of fruity hibiscus, black limon (dried lime) and black currant. This tea helps boost levels of rehydration and refreshment and is full of antioxidants and electrolytes. Ideal for hiking, surfing, bikram yoga and running.
- Get Restored (Herb Tea for Recovery) offers notes of caramel and coconut sweetened by dates. This tea, abundant in antioxidants, helps recovery by rebalancing acidity, increasing oxygenation and helps protect from toxin absorption. Ideal after any physical activity and/or at the end of the day.
My favorite Be Active tea was Get Burning for the taste. I also liked Get Restored, which was perfect for drinking after a visit to my kinesiologist, Dr. Paul, who told me to drink lots of water or herbal tea to flush the toxins released during his treatment on my shoulder.
Try The Republic of Tea’s Be Active teas and get a free sports bottle!
If you’re interested in trying out The Republic of Tea’s line of premium Be Active teas, use the promo code #BEACTIVE6 (with or without the #) to receive a complimentary Be Active sports bottle with one tin, refill or bulk bag purchase of Be Active tea. Note that there’s a limit of one sports bottle per customer.
The promo code is good from Sunday, April 14, 2013 to Sunday, April 21, 2013 so act soon!