Just released this month at food, drug and mass retailers nationwide, Brookside Chocolate is a new dark chocolate indulgence with a healthy twist – cocoa flavanols combined with the delicious flavors of pomegranate, blueberry/acai, and goji/raspberry. Each pairing combines real fruit juice pieced dipped in rich, velvety dark chocolate. Yes, it’s a sweet treat, but each serving (about 1/4 of a cup) provides 100mg of cocoa flavanols to make you feel a little less guilty.
I tried each variety and let me tell you, they’re really delicious and rather sophisticated. I loved the texture and the way the pieces of chocolate covered berry “popped” in my mouth when I bit into them. (The texture is similar to yogurt covered raisins.) It was hard to decide, but I think my favorite flavor was Acai with Blueberry closely followed by Goji with Raspberry. These would be a fun chocolate item to serve with a cheese plate for dessert.
Each of the Brookside Chocolate flavors are available in 7 ounce pouches for $3.89 and 32 ounce pouches for $9.99. To learn more, check out the Brookside website or connect with them on Twitter and Facebook.
Win a Brookside Chocolates Healthy Indulgences Tasting Kit
To help introduce my readers to the yummy goodness of Brookside Chocolate, I’m giving away ONE Brookside Chocolate Healthy Indulgences Tasting Kit, approximate retail value $80. The kit includes:
- 1 package Brookside Dark Chocolate Açai with Blueberry
- 1 package Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate
- 1 package Brookside Dark Chocolate Goji with Raspberry
- Crate & Barrel 3-Part Server
- Crate & Barrel Cheese Knife
- Crate & Barrel Grip Cheese Board
- 2 Crate & Barrel Stemless Wine Glasses
- $30 AMEX Gift Card (not shown)
- 1 year subscription to Fitness Magazine (not shown)
- Gaiam Exercise Headband (color may vary)
Giveaway closed. Congrats to our winner, Melanie M.!
Here’s how to enter the giveaway:
- Comment below on which flavor of Brookside Chocolates looks the most enticing to you.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow amnichols on Pinterest for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries is FIVE.
- You have until midnight ET on Friday, January 25, 2013 to enter.
ONE winner will be chosen at random. You must be willing to send me your full name and mailing address so I forward it to Brookside Chocolate’s PR person. I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won't share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
The giveaway is valued at $80 and is only open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age and older. No purchase required. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Up to FIVE entries per person. ONE Brookside Chocolate Healthy Indulgences Tasting Kit will be given away. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclosure: I was provided with two tasting kits by Brookside Chocolate’s PR agency – one to facilitate this review and another to give away. All opinions and experiences are my own.