Do you have a favorite crock pot shredded pork recipe? I bet that you make it with barbecue sauce! How about cooking up some shredded pork with a Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce with Holland House® Sherry Cooking Wine instead? I made this for Christmas dinner and served it over brown rice – delicious! I loved combining the pork with the dried cherries, though you could use dried cranberries, golden raisins or even dried plums. It’s an elegant twist on an old favorite and very easy to make any night of the week.
Crockpot Shredded Pork with Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce
- 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 cups ham stock*
- 2 tablespoons Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup amber or raw agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 whole cloves
- dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup Holland House® Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins or dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Shredded Pork directions:
- Place pork tenderloin in the slow cooker.
- Combine the ham stock and Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine and pour over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily with a fork – about 6 to 7 hours depending on your crock pot.
- Drain well and pour the Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce over the shredded pork.
- Stir and serve.
Sherry-Orange Dijon Sauce directions:
- Combine agave nectar , cornstarch, cloves and nutmeg in a 1-quart saucepan.
- Whisk in mustard, sherry cooking wine and orange juice until well blended.
- Add dried cherries.
- Cook sauce over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat and boil gently 3 to 5 minutes.
Save money with Holland House
You can download a coupon for 50 cents off your next purchase of Holland House cooking wine here. Also, for more recipes using Holland House, sign up for Mizkan’s Splash for Cash e-newsletter for a chance to win up to $600. (Mizkan is Holland House’s parent company.) Finally you can connect with Holland House on Facebook.
Disclosure: Mizkan, the parent company of Holland House, provided compensation for this post. All opinions and experiences are my own.