Are you looking for a healthier way to imbibe on New Year’s Eve? Try this Fresh Blueberry and Pear Champagne Aperitif healthy cocktail recipe from the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association. Not only does this cocktail add a dose of festiveness to your holiday table, it packs a powerful nutritional punch, too, since fresh blueberries from Chile are a superfood. They’re full of healthy antioxidants and other important nutrients that help prevent disease and provide a healthful start to the new year.
You can make this with French Champagne or a sparkling wine. Or try it with a sparkling fruit juice as a mocktail or a New Year’s Day brunch drink. If you're watching your calories, omit the whipped cream garnish and use stevia or monk fruit instead of sugar.
Find more recipes for fresh blueberries and pears from Chile fruitsfromchile.com.
Blueberry and Pear Champagne Aperitif
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 2 medium Bartlett pears, washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup champagne, sparkling wine or sparkling fruit juice
- Whip cream (optional)
- Place first six ingredients in a pot and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes. Puree and strain. Chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in 1/2 cup of champagne into cold fruit mixture and serve in cordial glasses.
- Optional: Garnish each glass with a dollop of whip cream and fresh blueberry.
- Serving size: 1 cordial glass
- Calories: 107
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1/2g
Picture and recipe used with permission.