Recipe by Jennifer Cafferty of GFreelife.com
Creamy Peanut and Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can low-sodium, gluten free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, loosely packed
- Heat a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and onion and stir occasionally while sautéing for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, making sure not to burn the garlic. Stir in the paprika.
- Add half of the can of tomatoes with the juice (save the other half for the end of the recipe), pumpkin, broth, San-J Thai Peanut Sauce, peanut butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Using a hand-immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy. Add the remaining tomatoes and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
Servings: Serves 6 to 8
- Serving size: 1/6 to 1/8 of the recipe
Recipe used with permission. © 2012 San-J International. All rights reserved.