I get a lot of pitches for weight loss, diet and exercise programs all the time – most are a waste of time or the same old thing. However, when I was introduced to Lifesize portions and received their product, I knew that the creators had developed a way to make controlling food portions so much easier. Lifesize took the idea of portion control and ran with it in a brand new way making it the first weight loss program entirely based on portion control and not on eating certain foods.
“The secret to our system is that we designed the perfect portions for ALL the foods we love to eat,” says Lifesize co-creator, Myles Berkowitz. “The Lifesize portions are big enough to leave people satisfied so they don’t walk around feeling hungry, but they are small enough so that people will lose weight.”
Lifesize portions are different from, and most times bigger than, the portion sizes recommended by many diet experts. The portions were created by Hollywood trainer (and Lifesize co-founder) Steven Kates, based on 20 years of observing the amounts of food people without weight problems ate. He found that how they stayed thin was that they ate whatever they wanted but simply ate less of it. Steven then created food portions that were practical that people can live with for life. His Lifesize portions are the same for men and women.
Does it work?
While I’ve reviewed the materials that come with Lifesize and feel that the product is good quality and the advice sound, I haven’t tried using it yet. Frankly, I’ve been too busy dealing with my recent shoulder surgery and trying to keep up with family and work. However, I’m planning to use it after the holidays since it seems perfect for me as I have issues with eating large food portions, even though I eat healthy foods. I love using a system that gives you guidelines and helps you visualize proper portion control, so I feel that I’d be successful using Myles and Steven’s product and plan.
Also I liked that a recent study done on Lifesize at Colorado State University proved that Lifesize food portions program works. The study found that even if a person ate whatever he or she wanted, and ate unlimited FREE FOODS (i.e., fruits and vegetables) allowed on the program, following the portion guide, they cut between 400-500 calories a day from their diet and also decreased the amount of food they ate during the day. In addition to losing weight, the study participants found they lost a significant amount of inches from their waist, hips, thighs, and arms. Makes sense, right?
How does Lifesize portions work?
The 5-Step Lifesize Program teaches you how to portion their food at home or when you’re out and about, and at any meal on any day. Specifically the program focuses on:
- How to portion all your food at home and on the fly
- How many times to eat in a day
- How many Lifesize portions to eat in a meal
- How many Lifesize portions to eat in a day
- How to handle different meals like a Sunday brunch or a business dinner
- How to exercise
- How to use water, snacks and FREE FOODS to stay on track
To view videos, to learn more about the Lifesize system, and to read the founders’ stories, go to their website at LifesizePortions.com.
Win a Lifesize portions weight loss program
Currently Lifesize is available for purchase online at LifesizePortions.com for $79.99, plus shipping and handling. However, I’m giving ONE Lifesize portions weight loss program to a lucky reader.
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Beth P!
Here’s how to win a Lifesize portions weight loss program:
- Comment below on why you’d like to try out Lifesize portions. Do you want to eat in a healthier way? Are you losing weight for a special occasion? OR????
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow amnichols on Pinterest for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries is FIVE.
- You have until midnight on Monday, November 26, 2012 to enter.
ONE winner will be chosen at random. You must be willing to send me your full name and mailing address so I pass your info on to Lifesize’s PR people. I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won’t share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
The giveaway is valued at $79.99 and is only open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age and older. No purchase required. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Up to FIVE entries per person. ONE Lifesize portions weight loss program will be given away. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclosure: I was given a Lifesize portions weight loss program to facilitate this review and giveaway. All opinions and experiences are my own.