Today’s Secret Recipe Club recipe should be perfect for anyone with too much zucchini in the garden and too much zucchini bread in the freezer. That was the case with Andrea of Adventures in All Things Food when she created her recipe for My Zucchini Troubles Turned Zucchini Bread Pancakes.
Since we had no garden this year, I went and bought a zucchini. In case you have to do the same, one smallish zucchini makes about 2 cups of shredded zucchini. So much for eyeballing it because I bought three! Oh well, another excuse to make more zucchini pancakes!
I made a few substitutions to make the zucchini pancakes gluten free and dairy free, but feel free to use Andrea’s original recipe. My kids ate theirs covered in flavored applesauce. I used tofu sour cream on mine. Delish!
Zucchini Bread Pancakes
- 2 cups packed zucchini, shredded and patted dry
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup tofu sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- Grate your zucchini first, pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture and set aside.
- Preheat your pancake skillet. Coat with cooking spray when heated.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, oil, agave, tofu sour cream, and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- In a large bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients, minus the lemon zest.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix. Add the zest and fold everything in till all ingredients are moistened.
- Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter in your preheated skillet.
- Cook until golden on one side and bubbles start to form on the top.
- Flip and wait till the other side turns golden brown.
- Serving size: 1 pancake