Here’s another Bobby Flay and FAGE Total recipe that I hope inspires you to enter the FAGE Total Plain Kitchen recipe contest. You have until Monday to enter your FAGE Total recipe for a chance to win an all-expense paid trip to NYC to watch Bobby prepare it at the FAGE Total Plain Kitchen grand opening event.
This would make a great party recipe or a healthy afterschool snack for the kids.
Crushed Spicy Hummus with FAGE Total Spiced Baked Pita Chips
Recipe by Bobby Flay
FAGE Total Spiced Pita Chips
- 3 whole wheat pita, each pita cut into eight triangles
- 1/4 cup FAGE Total 2% or 0%
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush the top of pita chip with yogurt.
- Combine the cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and divide the salt mixture over the yogurt.
- Arrange the pita on a large baking sheet, yogurt side up and bake until the tops are lightly golden brown and the chips are crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove to a baking rack and let cool.
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed well, and drained again
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 Serrano chile, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup FAGE Total, 2% or 0%
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Few dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Combine 1/2 of the chickpeas, garlic, Serrano, lemon juice and zest, yogurt, sesame oil, olive oil and Tabasco in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl.Add the remaining chickpeas to a separate bowl and coarsely crush with a fork or potato masher.
- Fold the crushed mixture and the parsley into the smooth mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley. Serve with the pita chips.
Recipe and photo courtesy of FAGE