Last week, I cohosted the #PlainKitchen Twitter Party with Mom Central, FAGE and celebrity chef Bobby Flay to let everyone know about the FAGE Total Plain Kitchen recipe contest. One of the recipes that everyone was drooling over was the Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Cinnamon FAGE Total Crèma and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. So I had to share it! This would make a terrific Thanksgiving dish, and a great way to use leftover pumpkin puree after the holidays.
I hope it inspires you to enter the FAGE Total Plain Kitchen recipe contest for a chance to have your recipe using FAGE Total, cooked and served by Bobby at the FAGE Total Plain Kitchen grand opening event. The contest goes through October 8. (That’s Monday so hurry!) Three lucky winners will be chosen and will receive an all-expense paid trip to NYC for the big event.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Cinnamon Crèma and Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
For Cinnamon FAGE Total Crema
- 1/2 cup FAGE Total 0%
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For Pumpkin Soup
- 3 cups pumpkin puree (not flavored pie filling)
- 3 cups homemade vegetable or chicken stock or low sodium canned vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground Mexican cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle puree (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 3/4 cup FAGE Total 2%
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cinnamon FAGE Total Crema, recipe above
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
For Cinnamon Crema
- Whisk together the FAGE Total, cinnamon, honey and splash of water and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
For Pumpkin Soup
- Combine the pumpkin puree and 2 cups of the stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the spices, honey and chipotle puree, reduce the heat to medium-low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in a little more stock if needed to thin out.
- Remove the soup from the heat and let sit 2 minutes. Whisk in the FAGE Total (off the heat) and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle each with some of the cinnamon FAGE Total crema. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and cilantro leaves.
- Serving size: 1/6 to 1/8 of recipe
Recipe and photo courtesy of FAGE