It’s that time of year when we start thinking about serving wine at Thanksgiving dinner and giving gifts during the holidays. That’s why I’m working once again with the California Wine Club to share with you the benefits of their Premier Club membership.
The Premier Club is their most popular wine gift. You can pick one to 12 months, what type of wines (one red and one white, two reds, or two whites) and how often you want the wine shipped (every month, every other month, or quarterly.) Besides two bottles of award-winning wine from California’s best “mom and pop” wineries, your gift recipient will receive The California Wine Club’s 12-page, full-color newsletter, Uncorked®, which contains a lot of wonderful information about that month’s selection and winery.
Premier Club gifts start at just $49.95 including shipping and handling, plus any applicable sales tax. Members can even reorder their favorites and save up to 50% off normal retail!
I love that the Premier Club membership takes the guesswork out of buying wine for yourself, too. (Who says memberships are only for gifts? You can treat yourself to one, too!) Every bottle I’ve ever received from the California Wine Club has been good and many have been terrific.
Experiencing the Premier Club
As part of my two-month membership, I received two bottles of wine this month – one red, one white – from the Robledo Family Winery:
- Robledo Family Winery 2008 Lake County “Seven Brothers” Sauvignon Blanc – It features aromas of honeysuckle and mango, green tea, citrus and lemongrass and won a Bronze Medal in the 2011 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. I found it crisp, slightly sweet and refreshing. I really, really enoyed this wine and was sad when we finished off the bottle. I’d order it again, too!
- Robledo Family Winery 2009 Napa Valley “Seven Brothers” Tempranillo – If you like malbecs, you’ll enjoy this wine, which has a bright ruby color with heavy aromas of cranberry, blackberry, cinnamon, spice and toasted oak. Tempranillo goes well with grilled meats and vegetables or even pizza. My husband enjoyed this more than I did. It’s a heavy wine, and I don’t think I was in the mood for it.
I can’t wait to see what we get in the next shipment!
Get 10% off and a chance to win!
Use code Blog10 to get 10% off any memberships or wine orders you place with The California Wine Club.
Also, California Wine Club is giving away a selection of fabulous prizes on their Blogger Palooza page!
104 winners to receive one of these prizes:
- One of four, Three Month Wine Club membership (A $150 value you can give as a gift, or keep for yourself)
- One of 50 handy Two Bottle Wine Totes ($25 value)
- One of 50 Red Tulip Music wine country CD’s ($15 value)
No purchase necessary to enter or to win. Just complete the online form here to be entered to win. They will be drawing 52 winners at the end of November and another 52 at the end of December.
Disclosure: I received a two-month Premier Club membership to The California Wine Club. All opinions are my own.