I love the idea of serving warm fish on a bed of orange and fennel salad, don’t you?
To prevent the fish from sticking to the grill, use cooking spray, oil or a grilling basket [affiliate link] on the grill.
Swordfish with Orange Fennel Salad
By Carol Kicinski of Simply Gluten Free
Makes 4 servings
- 4 – 6 ounce swordfish fillets
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons San-J Orange Sauce, divided
- 2 large oranges, peeled
- 1 large fennel
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the swordfish fillets in a large plastic storage bag. Add 1/4 cup San-J Orange Sauce and gently shake to coat the fillets with sauce.
- Marinate in the refrigerator fro 30 minutes. Heat grill to medium high heat (450°F).
- Cut the oranges into segments over a plate or bowl to catch the juice.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of orange juice and combine with 2 tablespoons San-J Orange Sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add the sliced fennel and toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Remove swordfish from marinade and discard marinade. Brush grates of the grill with some oil. Grill for 8 minutes with the lid closed, turning once.
- Place the orange and fennel salad on plates and top with the swordfish fillets and serve.
Recipe and photo used with permission. © 2012 San-J International. All rights reserved.