This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
Avocados for breakfast? Sure! You can have avocados with your morning eggs or as a breakfast sandwich. (My kids love having smashed avocados on whole wheat bread.) Some people even add chunks of avocados to their breakfast smoothies. Avocados are great tasting and good for you no matter what time of day you’re having them.
That’s why Avocados from Mexico is hosting the Wake Up a Winner Sweepstakes on Facebook. Visit the Avocados From Mexico on Facebook page for a chance to win daily prizes and get quick, delicious avocados for breakfast ideas. From April 4 - May 6, 2012, to Avocados from Mexico will be giving away a $200 grocery gift card. Their grand prize is a trip for two to a Bed & Breakfast in Napa Valley, California. (The grand prize winner will be selected from entrants throughout entire sweepstakes promotion period.) You can enter to win once per day, too, so visit often!
Avocados for breakfast recipe
Avocados aren’t just for lunch and dinner. Try this Avocado Toast recipe for breakfast as a great way to start your day. You could also add some crumbled hard boiled egg whites for extra protein.
• 1 fully ripened avocado from Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
• Ground black pepper
• 2 large slices bread, toasted
• 2 slices bacon, cooked and halved or 2 tablespoons chopped tomato (optional)
- In a bowl, coarsely mash avocado with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide avocado onto toast and spread to cover.
- Cut each slice in half.
- If desired, tuck a piece of bacon into avocado on each toast half or slice tomato over top and serve.
For more recipes, check out the Avocados From Mexico recipes page.
Do you have avocados at breakfast? How do you like to serve them?