This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
First, go to the Avocados from Mexico on Facebook page and “like” it and enter your info. Then enter your favorite guacamole recipe, add a photo, and submit it. That’s it! (If you already “like” Avocadoes from Mexico, you can click on “Guac Off Recipe Contest” on the left hand side of the page.)
Here’s the Guac Off playbook!
Submit your favorite guacamole recipe using your most valuable player - Avocados from Mexico - along with one photo of the recipe.
Avocados from Mexico will select the top 10 qualified players to be posted on the Avocados from Mexico Facebook Page.
There will be a grand prize winner in the following three categories: Most Popular, Best Recipe and Most Creative.
Avocados from Mexico will choose the Most Creative recipe and Chef Roberto Santibañez will choose the Best Recipe. The Most Popular will be chosen by the Facebook voters so huddle with your teammates - your friends, family and coworkers - to vote for their recipe and win the Most Popular category!
What can you win?
- Three winners will receive an iPad 2 and autographed cookbook by Celebrity Chef Roberto Santibañez.
- Seven runners-up will receive a $200 grocery gift card and autographed cookbook by Celebrity Chef Roberto Santibañez.
- Just for playing, all entrants are automatically entered into a separate sweepstakes for a chance to win a $100 grocery gift card. Ten winners will win the grocery gift card.
My recipe for Chipotle and Lime Guacamole
Makes 16 1/4-cup servings
- 2-3 ripe Avocados from Mexico, halved, seeded and peeled (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 pint (2 cups) container of mild pico de gallo (salsa fresco)
- 1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Southwest Chipotle Blend
- Place the scooped avocado pulp, the pico de gallo, and the Mrs. Dash seasoning blends in a large bowl.
- Using a potato masher, mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Calories 38
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 196mg
- Total Carbohydrates 3.6g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g
- Sugars 1.1g
- Protein 0.9g
Nutrition Grade A- from CalorieCount
Weight Watchers POINTS = 1
For a little recipe inspiration, check out the Avocados from Mexico recipes page.
Don't forget that you can save any of the recipes you see here at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet to an online recipe box by clicking the Save Recipe button below.