This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Walgreens. All opinions are 100% mine.
Have you or your family been affected by Walgreens being dropped from Express Scripts’ pharmacy provider network? This situation has forced many people to go elsewhere to get their prescriptions filled.
- This means they have to drive farther to get prescriptions filled meaning that getting their medication now costs more time and money.
- Former Walgreens pharmacy patients now have to shop at pharmacies with less convenient hours. This is especially problematic for people who work third shift since they relied on having Walgreens 24-hour pharmacy support.
- Many seniors and people with mobility problems prefer getting their prescription at Walgreens as they offer the most drive-thru pharmacies in the country.
- Military families are affected as well since one of Express Scripts’ clients is Tricare, the health and prescription drug program for America’s military service men and women.
- Many patients under an Express Scripts plan have used Walgreens pharmacies for years and have a personal relationship with their Walgreens pharmacist. When you or a family member have complex medical needs, having a good relationship with your pharmacy is important.
- Bottom line: patients are not seeing their costs go down in exchange for the increased hassle they’re dealing with. It’s a lose-lose for Walgreens and their customers.
You can read more about the Walgreens and Express Script Dispute here.
Walgreens Prescription Savings Club can help save you money
Walgreens is taking action to minimize the disruption for Express Scripts members by offering a special discount on annual membership to its Walgreens Prescription Savings Club. You can join during a special January promotion for only $5 - or $10 for a family membership - and receive savings on more than 8,000 brand name and all generic medications. More than 400 generics are available with a three-month supply for less than $1 a week.
Regular annual membership in the Walgreens Prescription Savings Club is $20 for an individual and $35 for a family. Even if you don’t have Express Scripts, a plan like this may help you avoid large prescription copays. You also get discounts on flu shots, pet prescriptions, nebulizers and diabetic supplies and receive bonuses when you purchase Walgreens brand products and photofinishing services