This month I was sent two estate wines from the Tulip Hill winery. The 2009 Mount Oso Vineyard Cabepulciano, a hardy red, is a blend of 45% Montepulciano and 55% Cabernet Sauvignon. This would be wonderful with roast beef, barbecue, burgers or a holiday turkey. The white wine was a Mount Oso Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay. I’m not a big white wine drinker, but I loved this. I drank it with Sriracha Chicken Skewers and rice, but it would also go well with less spicy dishes like grilled fish or pasta topped with a pesto sauce.
The California Wine Club’s Premier Club membership (and discount code!)
The Premier Club is The California Wine Club’s most popular wine gift. You can pick a one to 12 month membership, what type of wines (one red and one white, two reds, or two whites) you’d want, and how often you want the wine shipped (every month, every other month, or quarterly.) Premier Club gifts start at just $49.45, plus shipping and handling, applicable sales tax, and applicable import fees.
Use code mamacooks to get 10% off any gifts you place with The California Wine Club.
Also, if you want to try a Premier Membership for yourself, use code mamacooks to get 10% off your first month as well as an extra bottle of wine in your first shipment. (Three bottles in all!) There’s no obligation to continue past the first month.
To learn more about the California Wine Club, visit CAWineClub.com. You can also connect with them on Twitter and on The California Wine Club’s Facebook page or at The Boring Wine Guy’s Facebook page.
Wine lover gift ideas
The California Wine Club holiday gifts won’t ship starting in January 2012. In order to have something under the tree, you may want to give the wine lover on your holiday list a wine accessory along with a little note about their Premier Club gift. Here are a few suggestions:
- Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator – Aerating your wine makes such a difference. In fact, it makes wine a little too drinkable, if you know what I mean!
- Vacu Vin Wine Saver Vacuum Wine Pump with 2 Stoppers – I received one of these as a wedding gift nearly 18 years ago, and it still works great.
- Screwpull 4-Wheel Foil Cutter – This was another wedding gift. Much easier to use than a paring knife, believe me.
- Wine charms – Jewelry for your wine glasses!
- A corkscrew – I prefer the winged type, but the hinged “waiter’s style” corkscrew is great for taking camping or packing in your checked-in luggage.
Win one month’s Premier Club membership
This is your last chance to win a month’s membership to The California Wine Club’s Premier Club! (Please note: you MUST be over 21 years of age, a legal resident of the US, and not live in Utah in order to participate in the giveaway.)
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Elizabeth G.!
- Share what type (or types) of wine you enjoy in the comments below for ONE entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @cawineclub on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @boringwineguy on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet is SEVEN.
- You have until midnight MST on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 to enter.
ONE winner will be chosen at random. You must be willing to send me your full name, mailing address and phone number so I pass your info on to The California Wine Club so they can mail you your wine. I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won't share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
The giveaway is valued at approximately $49.45 and is only open to legal residents of the United States, 21 years of age and older. No purchase required. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Up to SEVEN entries per person. ONE one-month Premier Club membership will be given away. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclosure: I received a three-month Premier Club membership to The California Wine Club. All opinions are my own.