One of the many things I’m going to miss when we move to Massachusetts is the variety of healthy food grocery stores we have here in Colorado. One of my favorite is Sunflower Farmers Markets.
I don’t get to shop all that often at Sunflower Farmers Markets because the nearest one is in Boulder, about 45 minutes from my home. However, when I’m in Boulder, which is rather often, I always make time to stop by and check out the sales. Sunflower’s motto is “Serious Food at Silly Prices,” so it’s a great place to stock up on healthy, organic, natural, and gluten free foods.
Their weekly sale flyer advertises savings of up to 50% off on items throughout the store. You can save on everything from fresh produce, all-natural meats, bulk items, bakery selections, deli choices, dairy items, natural living items, and frozen foods every week! Every Wednesday their weekly sale flyers overlap – you can stock up on sales items for this week and the following week, too. This means that twice the number of items on sale! You can also save by buying Sunflower Farmers Market’s private label brand and by using in store coupons.
Why I love Sunflower Farmers Market
Besides saving money, I like shopping at Sunflower Farmers Market for several reasons:
- Sunflower’s bulk bins feature everything from candy to nutritional yeast. You need a little bit of a special flour for a recipe? This is the place to get it!
- Their natural living section is huge and carries a variety of healthy personal care items, natural home cleaners, and nutritional supplements.
- They have a small but solid selection of gourmet cheeses like my favorite, Drunken Goat, from Spain.
- I love their organic produce. That’s where I bought the pumpkin that I used to make Quinoa and Venison Stuffed Pumpkin last year.
- Just because they’re a health food store doesn’t mean you can’t pick up regular national brands like Eggland’s Best or Coke Zero.
- Sunflower also has an extensive gluten free section. Here’s my daughter’s plush javelina posing for a picture in the gluten free snack bars. She’s such a ham!
If you live in Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, California, Texas and Oklahoma and want to save money on healthy food, check out Sunflower Farmers Markets. You can find out more about them at sunflowermarkets.com or connect with them on Twitter. Don’t forget to sign up for their mailing list, too, to receive coupons and sale notifications.
Disclosure: I received a $25 gift card to shop at Sunflower Farmers Market to facilitate this review. All opinions and experiences are my own.