I’ve always liked Barilla pasta products, especially their no-cook lasagna noodles and their delicious whole grain pastas. We made the switch to whole grain pasta years ago. At first, my family complained that the pasta was too dry, but they got used to it and prefer it over regular pasta now. Since it’s important that you include whole grains in your diet, I won’t buy anything else.
Barilla’s whole grain pasta challenge and coupon
To get your family to make the switch to whole grain pastas, Barilla has created the Whole Grain Taste & Share Challenge on their Facebook page. To participate in the Challenge:
- Try a box of Barilla Whole Grain pasta, then look for the code on your box.
- Go to Barilla’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/barillaus and “like” the page.
- Then go to the Whole Grain Taste & Share Challenge page and enter the code. (The page shows you where the code is on your box.)
- Then you can share the Challenge with two friends on Facebook.
- Barilla rewards you all by giving your friends a coupon for $1 off their next box of Barilla Whole Grain Pasta. You get a coupon for $1 off when you buy two boxes of Barilla.
To learn more about Barilla whole grain pastas and get recipes the whole family will enjoy, visit Barilla's Dinner Kit.
Barilla Whole Grain Pasta Taste & Share Challenge Kit giveaway
Three of my lucky readers will win a Barilla Whole Grain Taste & Share Challenge Kit worth approximately $100. (Suggestion: make holiday gifts out of the olive oil, salt, vinegar and apron. Or keep it all for yourself!)
Each kit contains:
- Barilla Whole Grain linguine, thin spaghetti, spaghetti, medium shells, rotini and penne
- A Barilla apron
- Academia Barilla 100% Italian Olive Oil
- Academia Barilla Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, aged 3 years
- Academia Barilla Pesto Alla Genovese
- Academia Barilla Canned Cherry Tomatoes
- Academia Barilla Sicilian Sea Salt with Black Olives
(You can see a picture of all the items on Blog By Donna. I forgot to snap a picture before we ate the pasta and I packed away the apron and bottles.)
The Academia Barilla line of products are made with the best ingredients and support local artisans, regional differences and innovation, while maintaining the most genuine traditions. I’m looking forward to trying them out. (Don’t want to open any new bottles before we move, which is why I haven’t done an olive oil taste test yet.)
How to enter to win your Barilla Challenge Kit
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Sarah C., Karen M. and Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Share what type pasta (spaghetti, shells, etc.) is most popular with you or your family in the comments below for ONE entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet is FIVE.
- You have until midnight MST on Sunday, December 4, 2011 to enter.
THREE winners will be chosen at random. You must be willing to send me your full name, mailing address and phone number so I pass your info on to Mom Central so they can mail out your kit. I’ll also announce the winners on this blog. I won't share your mailing info with the public, just your first name and last initial. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
The giveaway is valued at approximately $100 and is only open to legal residents of the United States. No purchase required. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Up to FIVE entries per person. THREE Barilla Whole Grain Taste & Share Challenge Kits will be given away to THREE readers (one kit per winner). Void where prohibited by law.
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Barilla and received a Taste & Share Challenge Kit to facilitate my review, kits to giveaway, and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.