Ever tried to shop for that person who has everything? If they’re a wine lover, one gift giving idea that’s affordable and easy to do is the gift of wine from The California Wine Club. I’m partnering with them to try out their Premier Club for three-months, so I can tell you about my experience with them – and maybe you can win a one month membership as well!
The California Wine Club’s Premier Club
The Premier Club is their most popular wine gift. You can pick one to 12 months, what type of wines (one red and one white, two reds, or two whites) and how often you want the wine shipped (every month, every other month, or quarterly.) Besides two bottles of award-winning wine from California's best “mom & pop” wineries, your gift recipient will receive The California Wine Club’s 12-page, full-color newsletter, Uncorked®.
Premier Club gifts start at just $49.45, plus shipping and handling, applicable sales tax, and applicable import fees. (Holiday gifts will ship starting in January 2012.)
Experiencing the Premier Club
I love having wine with dinner, so I was eager to get my first The California Wine Club shipment to share with my husband, Paul. Of course, I was out of town (in California, ironically) when the package arrived. Luckily, Paul was home to sign for it. You see, there must be an adult over 21 years of age to sign for the wine. So you may want to ask your gift recipient if you should have their Premier Club shipment sent to their home or their workplace instead.
I received two bottles of wine – one red, one white:
- Perry Creek Zinman – a 2008 Zinfandel El Dorado – This was a “knock your socks off” Zin as it was too strong, in my opinion, to sip by itself. You must drink it with a meal. Then it’s extremely enjoyable. Perry Creek Zinman is rated among the top 15 best-value Zinfandels by Wine Spectator in 2010.
- Perry Creek Chardonnay California 2009 – I’m not a big white wine drinker, but I loved this. Smooth, refreshing and perfect with the spicy Mongolian Beef and Tofu dishes I made that night. My husband must have agreed since we finished off the bottle in one evening.
It was fun to try some new wines and get introduced the Perry Creek Winery in the process. Overall, The California Wine Club is a great gift idea for anyone who loves wine, including yourself. (Time to drop Santa a few hints, if you know what I mean.)
To learn more about the California Wine Club, visit CAWineClub.com. You can also connect with them on Twitter and on The California Wine Club’s Facebook page or at The Boring Wine Guy’s Facebook page.
Special deal for This Mama Cooks! On a Diet Readers
Use code mamacooks to get 10% off any gifts you place with The California Wine Club.
Also, if you want to try a Premier Membership for yourself, use code mamacooks to get 10% off your first month as well as an extra bottle of wine in your first shipment. (Three bottles in all!) Also, there’s no obligation to continue past the first month.
Win one month’s Premier Club membership
The California Wine Club has asked me to give away a month’s membership to their Premier Club to one lucky reader. (Please note: you MUST be over 21 years of age and a legal resident of the US to participate in the giveaway.)
Here’s how to enter:
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Donna K.!
- Share what type (or types) of wine you enjoy in the comments below for ONE entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @cawineclub on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @boringwineguy on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet is SEVEN.
- You have until midnight MST on Thursday, October 20, 2011 to enter.
ONE winner will be chosen at random. You must be willing to send me your full name, mailing address and phone number so I pass your info on to The California Wine Club so they can mail you your wine. I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won't share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
The giveaway is valued at approximately $49.45 and is only open to legal residents of the United States, 21 years of age and older. No purchase required. Odds of winning based on number of entries. Up to SEVEN entries per person. ONE one-month Premier Club membership will be given away. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclosure: I received a three-month Premier Club membership to The California Wine Club. All opinions are my own.