Here at This Mama Cooks! On a Diet, I try to focus on ways to keep you and your family healthy such as eating food that’s good for you and exercising. That's why these tips from the Partnership for Food Safety Education are so important in keeping things clean so no one gets sick.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after handling food and after using the bathroom, changing diapers and handling pets.
- Wash your cutting boards, dishes, utensils, and counter tops with hot soapy water after preparing each food item and before you go on to the next food.
- Rinse fresh fruits and vegetables under running tap water, including those with skins and rinds that are not eaten.
- Rub firm-skin fruits and vegetables under running tap water or scrub with a clean vegetable brush while rinsing with running tap water.
- Consider using paper towels to clean up kitchen surfaces (and dry hands) instead of cloth towels. (If you do use cloth towels, they recommend that you wash them often in the hot cycle of your washing machine.)
Yes, paper towels – and that’s where Brawny comes in.
Brawny paper towels
Brawny’s a great paper towel to help you keep your kitchen surfaces and hands clean as they’re a perfect balance of softness, strength and absorbency. But did you know that the maker of Brawny now guarantees that their paper towels will handle all of your jobs without compromise? Yes, they actually have a money back guarantee.
They’re also versatile as Brawny comes in Full and Pick-A-Size® sheets, as well as printed and white sheets. Also, the wrapper used to hold Brawny paper towels is #4 Plastic LDPE, which is recyclable. (Check to see if recycling facilities exist in your area for collecting LDPE.)
To find out more about Brawny paper towels, check out their FAQs page.
Win a $100 gift card and a year’s worth of Brawny paper towels
While I was at BlogHer last month, I had the honor of meeting the Brawny Man and his PR team. (Yes, that’s me and the B-Man himself!)
They’ve asked me to run a pretty cool giveaway for them. One lucky winner will win a Brawny Prize Pack, which includes:
- $100 gift card
- 1 year’s supply of Brawny paper towels - (1 case of 60 rolls, that’s 5 rolls per month)
Giveaway closed. Congrats to Stephanie V.
To enter, comment below about how you use paper towels.
Are they just for cleaning up in the kitchen? Or do you use paper towels in unusual ways, like for crafts or when cooking? Do you use them in other rooms of your house or outside? (For example, I wrap my Christmas ornaments in paper towels when I store them. So much easier and cheaper than going out and buying tissue paper.)
For additional entries:
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave a link to your tweet in your comment so I can check.
- Follow @amnichols on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- Follow @Brawny_Towels on Twitter for ONE additional entry.
- If you have done any of these additional activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! is SIX.
- You have until midnight MST on Thursday, September 22, 2011 to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen at random.
- You must be willing to send me your full name, mailing address and phone number so I pass your info on to Brawny’s PR team so they can mail out your Prize Pack.
- I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I won't share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winner.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Brawny to run this giveaway. All opinions are my own.