Earlier this summer during the BlogHer conference, I attended a party where I had a chance to preview the new Gordon Ramsay Everday collection at Kmart. I was impressed with the design and quality of his kitchenware. Of course, it being Kmart, everything was very reasonably priced, too – perfect for college students or newlyweds in their first apartment. Or, if you’re like me, as replacements for something that broke, which is why I’m eyeing the Gordon Ramsay 12 Piece Multi Blender.
Kmart is offering This Mama Cooks! On a Diet readers 25% off any one bedding, bath, window, rug or housewares item at Kmart.com with coupon code HOME25P.
Having fun with Gordon Ramsay
Yes, the man has a sense of humor as seen by the advertising for the Gordon Ramsay Everyday line. Check it out below! (You can check out more Gordon Ramsay videos on Kmart.com.)
His recipes are fun, too, like this one for turkey sliders. Health it up by using squares of whole wheat or gluten free bread instead of buns, adding a little more lettuce (maybe some spinach or arugula) and keeping the condiments and cheese to a minimum.
Turkey & Porcini Sliders with Cranberry & Goat Cheese
Makes 8 sliders
- 16 oz ground turkey meat, preferably dark meat
- .5 oz dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in white wine or water
- 1-2 Tbsp cooking oil, preferably canola or grapeseed
- 1 large shallot, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh sage leaves, about 10-15 finely chopped leaves
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 8 mini-burger buns, brioche or seeded
- 8 small leaves of butter leaf lettuce
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Prepared Cranberry sauce
- Whole Grain Mustard (optional)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Soak porcini mushrooms in room temperature white wine or warm water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms, squeeze out excess moisture and chop into small bits.
- Preheat a small frying pan over medium low heat. Add cooking oil to heat through.
- Sauté shallots until tender and translucent.
- Add chopped up porcini mushrooms and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, sage and paprika and sauté about one minute more.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine mushroom mixture with turkey meat. Season with salt and pepper and moisten with the olive oil. Continue to stir until well combined.
- Divide slider mixture into 8 even portions, form a small ball and press into a patty. Lay slider patties evenly apart in sauté pan or grill and cook for 4-5 minutes with a touch of olive oil.
- Open buns and lightly toast in the oven or under a broiler.
- To finish: if desired, spread the bottom buns with small dollops of mustard and/or mayonnaise. Lay a lettuce leaf on the bottom slices. Place warm sliders over lettuce and top with about a teaspoon of cranberry sauce and sprinkle with about a tablespoon of crumbled goat cheese. Lay top bun over and serve.