Holland House recently announced their summer sweepstakes “Grill of Your Dreams” on Facebook. The grand prize winner will receive a $2,000 Visa® Gift Card, which may be used to purchase a new grill. All you need to do is go to the Holland House Facebook page, “like” it, then register with your info. Then you play a round of the Gulping Grill Game to win an instant win game prizes, a Holland House bottles gift pack. You can enter once a day. The Grill of Your Dreams goes until August 5, 2011.
Get grilling with Holland House
Holland House vinegars are a wonderful way to create marinades and sauces for summer grilling. Here’s a recipe for healthy chicken skewers that uses Holland House Balsamic Vinegar that would be great with grilled corn on the cob or veggie kabobs at your next grilling party.
Skewered Chicken Balsamico
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/3 cup Holland House Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten free tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 6 (8-inch) skewers
- Place chicken in sealable gallon plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except skewers) in a bowl. Stir to dissolve salt.
- Pour over chicken and shake bag gently to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours, turning bag over once.
- If using wood skewers, soak skewers in water 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Drain chicken well.
- Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Grill over low flame until cooked through.
- Serving size: 1 to 2 skewers
Disclosure: Mizkan, the parent company of Holland House, provided compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.