So what’s a daycation? It’s a one-day getaway to a local destination that offers the same perks of a vacation without the expense, time off from work, and other hassles that go into vacation planning. You get a chance to get out of the house, see your local area, and have some fun with friends or family. It also gives you a chance to explore new places or visit old favorites.
One of my favorite nutrition bars, SOYJOY, was kind enough to sponsor me and my kids on a daycation to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. After renewing our membership, we explored the Real Pirates exhibit, visited Expedition Health and took in an IMAX movie, Mysteries of the Great Lakes 2D.
We brought our own snacks in a cooler bag including the new pineapple SOYJOY bars, and took a break in the museum’s north atrium between activities. We had such a great time that we’re going back this weekend to see all the things we missed. Thanks SOYJOY for such a great time!!
Our daycation slideshow
Win a SOYJOY Daycation Kit
I’m giving away one SOYJOY Daycation Kit ($250 value) to one lucky reader so they can take a daycation challenge of their own.
Each kit includes:
- a digital camera
- $50 American Express Gift Card
- sun block
- two pairs of sunglasses
- a copy of Lonely Planet’s USA Guide
- cooler bag for car trips
- SOYJOY backpack
- two SOYJOY t-shirts
- Would you rather…? card game for the kids
- a box of SOYJOY bars
- SOYJOY water bottle
- SOYJOY towels
- a copy of Adult on Board: Travel Games for Grown-Ups
Here’s how to enter to win a SOYJOY Daycation Kit:
- Share where you’d go on your daycation along with your name, email address, and blog URL (if you have one) in the comments below for ONE entry.
- If you have a blog or giveaways listing site/post/page, feel free to post about this contest on it for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE additional entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE additional entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE additional entry. You must leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can check.
- If you have done any of these activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! is FIVE – leaving a comment here (1), posting about it on your blog or giveaways listing site (1), signing up for my enewsletter (1), signing up for my RSS feed (1), and using Twitter (1).
- You have until midnight MT on Friday, June 24, 2011 to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen at random.
- You must be willing to send me your full name, mailing address and phone number so I pass your info on to SOYJOY’s PR people so they can mail out your SOYJOY Daycation Kit.
- I’ll announce the winner on this blog. I’ll not share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I’ll link back to it when I announce the winners.
Disclosure: SOYJOY provided me with the daycation kit to give away. I also received a daycation kit to share with my family. All opinions are my own.