Searching for a recipe that fits your food sensitivities, allergies, or your family’s particular likes and dislikes can be difficult. Yes, you could google a meatloaf recipe that doesn’t contain bread, onions or eggs – but there’s got to be a better way than clicking around to a zillion different food blogs. Luckily, there’s Foodily, a new website that helps you find just the right recipe.
How to use Foodily
It’s easy to use. First you search for a recipe. Then you delete an ingredient – or two or three or four. Foodily quickly adapts and shows you recipes that fit your needs and tastes. When you find the perfect recipe, Foodily shows you how to prepare it. The recipe also links back to the website or blog where the recipe originated. This is a great way to find more recipes that work for you and your family’s cooking and eating style.
An example – meatloaf without bread, eggs or onions
- First I went to www.foodily.com, I typed in meatloaf in the search box at the top - 354 recipes came up.
- I immediately noticed that most of them contained bread, so I clicked on the little magnifying glass and asked not to be shown recipes with bread – 320 recipes loaded.
- I asked not to be show recipes with egg in it and got 250 recipes.
- Oops, there were still a lot of recipes with bread products like bread crumbs. After I eliminated that, I was left with 250 recipes.
- Then I eliminated onions – 53 recipes.
- I got rid of onion soup mix, too – 49 recipes.
- An interesting recipe came up for Tantalizingly Tangy Meatloaf, until I noticed it had dry bread crumbs. I deleted that and got 27 recipes.
- While banished items still came up, but with slightly different names like Italian bread crumbs or dry onion soup mix, I had a much easier time scrolling through the smaller amount of recipe selections.
- My final pick was Maple Meatloaf from the Gluten Free Goddess with a link to back to her original Maple Meatloaf post. With my food sensitivities, I can’t have maple syrup so I’d use dark agave nectar instead. Even so, Foodily made it so much easier to find a recipe that both me and my family could eat and enjoy.
Find This Mama Cooks! On a Diet at Foodily, too!
So why am I sharing this new recipe site with you? Well, it’s because you’ll find This Mama Cooks! On a Diet recipes on Foodily, too! As a Foodily Food Ambassador I’ll have about 20 menus (appetizer, entree and dessert – almost 60 recipes) along with a few healthy Super Bowl party recipes on the website.
Disclosure: As a Foodily Brand Ambassador I’m compensated for writing posts and submitting recipes to their website.